Sunday, June 1, 2008
Sarina's Oatsy Orange Fench Toast
Cezanne aka knottie MRS.CHD emailed me this great recipe for french toast. Taken from trinigourmet.com Enjoy!
Sarina’s Oatsy Orange French Toast
Makes 4 slices (serves 2)
1 heaping tablespoon quick oats
1/3 cup orange juice
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon almond essence
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon margarine or butter
4 slices bread
1. Whisk the eggs in a shallow bowl until foamy.
2. Whisk in the oats, orange juice, cinnamon, almond essence, vanilla essence and sugar until well-blended.
3. Melt the butter in non-stick pan over medium heat
4. Dip the bread slices in the batter on each side (spoon some of the oats over the top if necessary)
5. Cook, flipping once with a spatula, until golden brown on each side, about 4 minutes total.
6. Garnish as desired